Ice Fish Ohio Forum

IFO Website Activity

fool4fish

• View Profile
Andy i seen ur post and i will say i wanted too the same but because how they operate on facebook i was scared the same guys i learned from in the old school feeling would be upset toward me beacuse theyre are so many if anyone has seen it youd understand my hesitation ...thanks for doing it i will do my best to help to be a bridge gapper at 37 years young i can do my best to mingle between these polar opposites far as communication but they all like an intrest in ice right
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Gill261

• View Profile
I am not on Facebook either,I found this site a couple weeks ago and joined up.Enjoy all the info but don't fish the places a lot of the members do,need to try portage lakes and would like to try nimmy.Great site

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I agree with you guys , you meet people on here and you get a sort of neighborly thing , not like  fb  where ya can just surf in the back ground and fill up your bucket with the word of the day.. its a good thing there is a good solid member base here because all of us enjoy teaching , learning ,  and as the fads come and go the stand up guys here will always be willing to share and help. we get lots of fish , so should you  heheh   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
I just did my good deed for the day and posted our logo on a couple of FaceBook sites; Ohio Ice Fishing, Indian Lake Fishing. I suggest doing the same if you are members of different groups on FaceBook....

Andy

Getting a few likes.....but whatever. Sometimes Cozy is good!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
I think Facebook has a lot to do with it as well.  I have seen a general slow down on a couple different forum sites i am a member of as well as one i run myself.
 Forums, in general, look clunky and outdated to the younger generation.  It takes a different mindset to keep track with the forums but anyone can scroll away through Facebook. It is just a lot more simple and convenient for many to use.  I get on and look at it, but rarely post there.    I also agree that forums in general tend to be more of a community feel than FB.  I've met up with 10 or 12 different people now from forums........ never met up with someone i talked with on FB.  My 15 year old daughter still reads me the riot act every time i say i am meeting up with some guy i met on the internet. haha

I've been on IFO 4 or 5 years now and only have a handful of posts.  Biggest reason is that members from the NW are few and far between.  Either that or the NW members just don't talk much because of the limited fishing areas?

Tkfurs

• View Profile
 I think a lot of what has been said is all correct in one way or another.

Facebook is easier, although I don't have an account myself. And outdoor forums in general all seem to be slowing down. I am a moderator on 2 different forums and have slowly watched the post count drop every year. One of these other forums is geared toward a specific activity, much like ice fishing is and it seems like every year the number of people participating has slowly dwindled.

Like Attica said, I have been coming hear for some time, and been a member for around a year, but just don't post much and for the same reasons he said. Not much activity up here in the corner of the state and what few members there are don't really post much. I do most of my ice fishing in Michigan so usually don't think it goes on the Ohio forum.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I have to admit that I have not been posting like I used to. The fishing Expo has taken so much of my time. I am worn out.

This is a great thread and I agree with everything that has been said. We have a great family of friends and offer great events. I think next year we will improve the connection of the site and Facebook to make posting easier and there for more posts.

Keep up the great ideas
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Good forum for sure. Facebook dominates a lot of things, has changed many things. I use my personal page heavily to share with friends and family. I do a lot of reading on there but have never posted on a facebook fishing page in my life, I'll read but not post. At the same time you are bragging you are sharing to a much larger number of unknowns, they will be bugging you by the 100's wanting to know spot, lure, gps numbers, etc. In that arena I feel like its a one-sided deal the person you give the info to will not return the favor. Here you get that return and even though the profile portion is of a lesser extent I feel like it's a more personal response. I would post a lot more of my information on the Lake Erie page since I fish it religiously but I don't feel like it's useful to many guys or no one comments so who am I really helping lol. I'm always here if someone needs up to date info, I get an email if I get a PM and try to respond fast but sometimes I suck. Anyway I don't get on another forum anymore often but he shares links on his forum facebook page to interesting topics that come back to the forum, seems like a nice technique and with the ice fish ohio facebook that could be fairly easy to do. Helps bring people in that are just scrolling and can sign up if they are serious.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
I come here often and lurk but I don’t post.  Part of the reason I don’t post is because I don’t personally know many of the members here. I know some and I recognize some names from another site where I’ve been posting regularly for many years. This site definitely has a close knit feel among the regular posters. Sometimes I want to join a conversation on here but am hesitant to do so because I feel like an outsider intruding on a conversation amongst friends.  I don’t have the relationships here that I have on the other site where I regularly post. Which I guess is my fault for not posting here. I have fished a few of the panfish tournaments in the past and had a great time. Which is what caused me to join this site in the first palace.

Another reason I don’t post here is because of the lack of a general hard water forum. I see all the individual lakes I could post reports to but I personally don’t post site specific information in a public forum I have personally experienced the negative effects of posting site specific information in the past. I have no problem posting conditions,baits, depth ect...  But I don’t and won’t name specific lakes. And I feel as if it’s frowned upon to post here without getting site specific. I’ll usually tell someone in a private conversation about a certain lake I’ve been fishing unless that person is known for posting site specific info. I spend a lot of time fishing and finding good lakes and locations I’m not looking get a bunch of neighbors out there. Sorry if I sound like a greedy jerk but it’s a lot of work finding fish at times.

This season has been up and down for me I’ve had epic days and I’ve had awful days. I fish on average 5-6 days a week during the winter. I’ve drilled a lot of holes this season and I’m looking forward to drilling some more!🙂  Good luck out there to all sorry about the long drawn out post just wanted to give a little insight as to why I don’t post here. Maybe there are others like me who feel the same way.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:29:42 AM by Bobberbucket »

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Thanks for your input bobberbucket! You can always feel welcome on IFO, We value everyone's opinion and respect them just the same. Thank you for your support of the site and the NE OHIO PANFISH SERIES.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Downthehole

• View Profile
Sometimes I want to join a conversation on here but am hesitant to do so because I feel like an outsider intruding on a conversation amongst friends.

Feel free to join in and don’t hesitate. Being a member of the site means you are a friend of IFO. There are a lot of members I haven’t met either. Everyone joins in the discussionsand respect differing opinions and views.....this is what makes the site great.
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the friendly responses. I’m going to put more effort into posting here and getting to know more members here on IFO.  One question is there a section someone can post a fishing report on here without posting under a specific lake? 

Bobberbucket

• View Profile
Bobber, you sound a lot like me!

If you are obsessed with ice fishing we are alike!

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I can create a board for that. I’ll put it under the Lakes section, but just name it “general observation” or something like that. Once the baby gets to sleep I’ll get on that. And feel free to join any discussion and ask anything!! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar