Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What Shanty do you like?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i really like my quickfish 2 pop up ...comes out of the bag and pops up fairley easy even when the temps numb my fingers ..has a large skirt around the bottom for draft control kick some snow on it (if there is any).it has hand screws that drive in real well to hold it down when the wind is trying to take u for a ride lol...which i learned the hard way   even dries fast when i get it home and get ready for the next time weighs in at  18 lbs so i can take a bigger heater  ha ha....has withstood my abuse very well .....oh buy the way i wish i could stop it from raining inside when im sitting all warm and cozy.....but...i wish i would have gotten the quickfish 4 i really like lots  of room besides u dont see many red shantys out there........ :-X
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
who needs a shanty, sittin on a bucket in sub zero temps, line freezing up hole closing in, it don't get any better than that. Besides if you take a shanty you tend not to move as much and us guys sitting out in the cold cant see if you're getting them or your're sleeping in there. when I first started icefishing we used to say, "here comes the bucket brigade", now its, "man look at tent city out there , they must be on em". It's all good as long as you're on the ice.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I like the Frabill Trekker as well.  I can have padded seats, it flips over and sets up in 2 minutes.  Plus if I want to stay mobile, I can just set up the chairs and leave the top folded down in the sled part and it won't drag the ice as I pull from spot to spot.  Plus the 2 man size fits my vexilar, camera, gas auger, Mr. Heater, rods, and other equipment no problem.  Can move and no set-up and tear down and no gear to carry.  Or on a windy day can fold back up for a windbreak.  Even in windbreak mode you can still pull it around the ice and not put any drag holes in the fabric.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Minnowhead

• View Profile
I just got a Shappell 3000 and love it!  Very good shanty for the money.  Very roomy and comfortable to fish out of and easy to use and store.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
I like my Clam Nanook and sometimes I do fall asleep.  I figure when I do I must have needed rest.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Clam Nanook. Roomy for 1, but nice for 2 also. Very Happy with its performance

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 02:13:15 PM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Vexilar