Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New guy onboard

OldSailor · 23 · 15693

OldSailor

• View Profile
  Just joined the site today. I belong to IceShanty and was looking for something more pertaining to Ohio. I live in Englewood and fish both soft and hard water. I put 21 years in the Navy so that explains my user name.
  I grew up in Minnesota doing a lot of fishing ( if you don't, they ask you to leave!). I  like ice fishing, but we seem to have a problem making it here in SW Ohio  ;D I like fishing saugeye at Indian Lake and just started ice fishing it last year. I don't have a shelter, nor a power auger, just my 8" Mora. I should have gotten a 6" because I have arthritis bad in both my shoulders!!Actually I need a power auger, bur can't afford one at present. Times are tough with the holidays approaching! Anyone wants to meet up at I.L. (or elsewhere) just let me know. I didn't hide my email or on here!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
Welcome old sailor glad you joined the site you will meet alot of people that fish indian lake so just keep checking back.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

HardWater Junkie

• View Profile
    • Hale's Sinker Supply
Welcome to IFO.
Tim Smith (HardWaterJunkie)

Check out www.HalesSinkerSupply.com for all of your fishing sinker needs. Over 15 different types of sinkers and jigs in sizes from 1/100oz. to 4 lb. Make sure to ask about our custom built rods. From ice-fishing to off-shore we build them all. Message me for quotes

OldSailor

• View Profile
Thanks mitch131! Where are you from and where do you fish? I would like to find someone that goes ice fishing and is from around Dayton/Englewood area. Glad to be here!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever is playing Michigan!!!

mitch131

• PRO STAFF
  • there always next year
    • View Profile
im from mansfield i fish locally i do travel a few time a year.
marcum
strikemaster
jammin jigs
artic armour

OldSailor

• View Profile
Thanks HardWaterJunkie!! Glad to be here. All I have to say is: I WANT ICE!!!  ;D

Minnowhead

• View Profile
Welcome OldSailor!  And thanks for your service!  Lots of good people on this site, should be easy to team up with someone on the ice from here.
Throwing ice cubes in the lake all summer long!

ice phisher

• View Profile
Welcome OldSailor....to IFO....a very Kool site. Thanks for your 21 years of service to this great country.......I live in the NE part of the state.....But you ever find that your bound for this area........give us a hollar and we'll see if can get hooked up with ya.........
Ice Phisher,

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

OldSailor

• View Profile
Thanks all! Still looking for someone from Dayton/Englewood/.Vandalia/etc. area to go ice fishing with!! Let me hear from you. Just got back into ice fishing last year after a long time away from it..

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
I live in New Carlisle. have not done a lot of hard water fishing but got twwo man shanty last year and a vexilar this so maybe we can hook up Name is Rick.

Salmonid

• View Profile
Im Mark and live near New lebanon  about 20 minutes from you, several benefits, I have my own pond, ( Perch, crappies, panfish galore..) a 2 man shanty, and a vexilar. There are several of us die hard icers in the area and a lot of the CJ Brown/Kiser guys are here, just havent shown up yet with summer temps this week.
Stay tuned....
Salmonid

OldSailor

• View Profile
Optfish (Rick)  Sounds good man !! My email: [email protected] If you don't have email, we can stay in touch on here!! By the way, I'm Mike.

Salmonid (Mark)  That's what I'm talkin' about!! Private ponds are fantastic and I'm OK with whatever rules you have, i.e. size or release.Sounds like a chance to meet some ice heads. I'd like to try Kiser, and I also fish Indian Lake. Never tried C.J. even softwater. (no boat). Like I told Rick, email me and we can stay in touch and I can give you my phone number also.

Anyone else out there in my area ???

pete12

• View Profile

OldSailor

• View Profile
No problem pete12.  If you're from the Columbus area do you fish Buckeye Lake, or do you fish elsewhere  ???

g

• View Profile
i live in xenia & try to fish indian alot. i am having shoulder surgery for my shoulder in early dec. hopefully it will be ready for ice season. i have a shanty & gas auger. i will email you when i go.  grant

Vexilar